Irrigation is a process by which water is supplied artificially to plants to aid in their growth. Once you have decided to irrigate your land you need to move the water from the tank or storage to the plants. This is normally done through pipes.
The favored pipes in irrigation are HDPE pipes that come in various thicknesses and diameters. The thickness affects the durability and the force through which water can be pumped while diameter affects the quantity of water that can be pumped. The two factors affect the price of the irrigation pipes. The price of irrigation pipes will generally vary from Ksh. 12 to Ksh. 584 per meter depending on the size and manufacturer.
Factors to consider when picking irrigation pipes.
- Lifespan/Durability of the pipes.
The duration that you intend to use the pipes should guide your choice of irrigation pipes. Irrigation pipes normally have varying lifespans. We stock pipes that have a high durability rate with a life span ranging from 10 to over 55 years’ service.
2. The thickness of the pipe.
The thickness will be influenced by the pressure at which you intend to pump the water. The higher the pressure the thicker your pipe should be.
3. Diameter of the pipe.
The volume to be pumped per hour will influence the diameter of the pipe and more water will need bigger diameters.
Type of irrigation.
it’s one of the factors usually considered in HDPE pipes where there are several partitions and potions in the field of irrigation.
This partition involves sub-divisions from the main pipe to the last point which is the last point of water emission. These portions come in various sizes, especially sprinkler irrigation systems.
Advantages of HDPE irrigation pipes
1. Low cost: The HDPE pipe for irrigation has a Low system cost and low maintenance cost can greatly reduce project costs.
2. Long service life: The buried irrigation pipe can last beyond 55 years which presents a great value for the cash invested. They are UV treated and thus can be placed on the surface without compromise from sunlight.
3. Chemically stable and non-reactive: The pipes are non-toxic, tasteless, never scale, and thus never alter the composition of the water.
4. Cheaper operating costs since water encounters little resistance from the smooth pipes.
5. Flexible and lightweight thus they can be bent to suit the condition where they will be used.
6. Corrosion resistance: As the pipes are resistant to corrosion by a variety of chemicals, and chemicals present in the soil do not cause any degradation or damage to the pipeline.
7. Varying diameters: The pipes come in varying diameters and you will find the one that suits your need. The pipes range from 16mm to 125mm.
Price of irrigation pipes in Kenya.
|Size/Diameter in MM||Price per Meter (Kshs)|